Germany's oldest casino
That part of the spa rooms building which is the casino today was built at the same time as the theatre. Once it was the “small concert hall”. Since 1987 the casino has been in this place. In the 19th century gambling took place in the Marble Hall. But gambling in the Emperor’s Spa was not compatible with the Prussian ideals. Therefore the first casino in Ems , which had been the oldest in Germany (since 1720), was closed. In 1987 the casino was reopened and is part of the casinos Mainz and Trier.