Here, where already more than 2,500 years ago inhabitants entrusted their dead in tumuli to our earth, where the Roman border wall ran from west to east and where the border between the diocese of Mainz and the duchy of Nassau once ran, one can assume that the area was settled early. The village of Schweighausen was already mentioned in 1255 as an accessory of Nassau Castle and Court. In 1284 the place is called Swechusen and from 1818 Schweighausen. Since 1409, the vom Stein carried the village from the Nassau Counts of Lehn, including the patronage right of the church. In 1550 we met for the first time a court which grew out of the Hübengericht and was occupied by a mayor and in 1651 by 7 aldermen from Schweighausen, Dessighofen, Becheln and Frücht. Until 1804, the Barons vom Stein remained the lords of the village, which together with Frücht had formed their territory since 1613 until it was incorporated into the Nassau district in 1803. The Protestant church of Schweighausen is mentioned as early as 1310. The late Romanesque west tower testifies to even greater age. The nave and choir were Gothic before they underwent major repairs, as evidenced by a donation list dated 11 June 1699. However, for unknown reasons, the nave and choir were demolished in 1877 and replaced by a new building. The church was also exposed to French looting.
Geographically seen in the angle between the south bank of the lower Lahn and the Rhine