Chain bridge

Short facts

  • Nassau
  • historic sites

Chain Bridge, which connects the left and right sides of the Lahn and is part of the B417.

The first Nassau Chain Bridge was built between 1828 and 1830 using a new bridge system: the carriageway was attached to chain slings supported by four pillars. It was renewed in 1926 and rebuilt after its destruction in 1945. It was rebuilt between 2003 and 2005. When the oak piles of the first Nassau chain bridge were driven in, the "Nassau sour well" came to light. It was fitted with a pump and became a public water point for citizens and spa guests. However, the spring dried up again.

On the map


56370 Nassau

Next steps