Beautiful viewpoint on the Malberg with a view of the historic spa district
Since the Romantic period, the landscape around the spa has been developed with walking paths and lookout points. Spas like Bad Ems set standards here. In particularly beautiful places, excursion restaurants were established. The Henriettenweg on the shady Malberg slope was popular on hot summer days. It offered attractive views of the spa district. An inscription states the date of the opening: XIX MAY MDCCCXXVI (19 May 1826). The path and column were named after Archduchess Henriette of Austria, the sister of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau. An information board informs about the history. The Henriette Column is located on the "Romantic Circle" hiking trail.