The town wall from the Middle Ages surrounds the historic town centre and is still largely intact. It has a length of 1 kilometre.
The construction of the town wall of Dausenau was probably completed in 1359, but the town fortifications were first mentioned in 1324. 7 towers and 7 gates, gates and passages belonged to the town wall. Only the gate tower at the end of the town in the direction of Bad Ems has been preserved at its full height of 18.36 metres. The leaning tower at the former end of the village in the direction of Nassau has been preserved, but was shortened by 7.5 metres in 1950 to prevent it from leaning further and turning in on itself. The stumps of the 5 other towers have been preserved.