The community of Singhofen can look back on a long and varied, often fateful past. The fact that this area must have been settled early is testified by the existence of the burial mound "Wildstruth". This burial place might have been built between 800 and 500 BC. The "Alteburg" was built around the 5th century B.C. as a fortified settlement site, which may have been important for the entire region. During excavations, which took place in 1905, numerous fireplaces and sherds were found.
The first documented mention of Singhofen can be traced back to the 12th century. Albero, predecessor of Archbishop Hillin of Trier, had issued the first document for the new Arnstein monastery at a Trier diocesan synod at the end of June 1139. This document recognized its foundation, listed its possessions, and above all established its legal status. The document states that the count and countess, Count Ludwig von Arnstein and his wife Guda, gave the monastery all its owners as a gift when the monastery was founded in 1139. Then these free, own estates are listed, including three farms in Singhofen. According to this, they belonged to the count's own free property and were part of the complex of goods with which he endowed his monastery in 1139. Around the year 1158, Heinrich II von Katzenelnbogen, together with the County of Nassau, acquired 29 villages on the Einrich, including "Singoven". In 1346 the manor "Sinckofen" was pledged to the monastery of Arnstein.
The close connection between Singhofen and Arnstein stretched through the entire Middle Ages. As early as 1418, there were at least 16 households in Singhofen, which had risen to 51 before the Thirty Years' War, demonstrably in 1615. During this war, Singhofen was plundered and burned to such an extent that it was no longer worthwhile rebuilding the original location around the "Kircheborn" (Alter Born), which might have been the centre of the village (between the present location and the cemetery). More than three quarters of the inhabitants perished. Some buildings in the upper part of Bornstraße are said to have survived the devastation to some extent and may have been the basis for today's Singhofen.
Only in 1681 did the number of households rise again to 37. In 1774 Singhofen was assigned to Alt-Nassau, thus ending the quadrilateral rule that had existed since 1160. Singhofen became Prussian after the Duchy of Nassau, founded in 1806, was annexed by Prussia in 1866. In 1867 a well pipe was laid to the present market place, where the „Lindenbrunnen" was located at that time. In 1907 the construction of a water pipe rendered the well insignificant. In the same year, the "Wendleps" was built, which was declared an industrial monument in 1987 and has been a listed building ever since. It is the landmark of Singhofen and, next to the stylized ring wall system of the Alteburg, symbol of the local coat of arms approved in 1991.
The two world wars brought much need and suffering, especially the 2nd world war, after the end of which the community was faced with difficult tasks. These had to be tackled jointly by the population and the administration and were solved in an exemplary manner. Through the development of building areas, about 200 new houses were built in the last 30 years. In addition, a commercial and weekend area was designated and developed.