The old parish church in Nassau, a neo-Gothic building from 1875, proved to be much too small in the years after the 2nd World War. So it was decided to build a new parish church. The foundation stone was laid on 20.08.1961. In the months before, the old church was demolished. The architect Dr. Ulrich Craemer from Trier had designed an unconventional concept for the new building: The church was to be a protective tent roof over all visitors, praying and celebrating. On 28.10.1962 the first service was celebrated in the new building. The consecration was then solemnly celebrated on 12 June 1966 by _Auxiliary Bishop Dr. Walter Kampe from Limburg. St. Boniface Nassau remained the parish church until 31.12.2012, until the construction of the new parish of Bad Ems-Nassau.