Museum of Mining

Short facts

  • Bad Ems
  • museum/exhibitions

Exciting insight into the time when ores were mined in Bad Ems

The museum of Mining was opened in the historic “Steigerhaus” (pit-foreman’s house) in 1996. With the help of objects and illustrations the visitors get an insight into the past epoch, in which different ores were mined in Bad Ems. A display of minerals and the mining archives of Bad Ems are also part of the museum.

Further information:
Opening hours:
March – October: Sunday from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Winter break from November until February.
Special guided tours are possible for groups upon prior agreement.

Free admission!

On the map

Emser Bergbaumuseum

56130 Bad Ems

Phone: (0049) 0170 927 1907


General information

Next steps