Catholic St. Martin's Church

Short facts

  • Bad Ems
  • churches/monasteries, historic…

Imposing neo-Gothic church with impressive Sandtner organ

With its most beautiful façade, the neo-Gothic church faces the spa gardens and the "Four Towers". It was built between 1866 and 1882 according to plans by architect Eduard Zais. In addition to the wall and vault paintings, the high altar and the stalls, the windows with their stained glass also belong to the excellently preserved neo-Gothic interior. The celebration altar (1985) with the pelican's nest, the baptismal fountain and other works by sculptor Gerhard Rumpf are worthy of note. The artist designed the ambo, the lectern, with a touch of humour in 1988. Fish such as the Bad Ems fish or the Kaiser Wilhelm fish - recognisable by its beard - wriggle in the "great net of the church". The Sandtner organ from 1995 is impressive.

On the map

Viktoriaallee 28

56130 Bad Ems


Phone: (0049) 2603 936920

Fax: (0049) 2603 9369229

E-mail:

Next steps